News & Publications
SIPP Faculty presented papers at the conference: Psychology and the Other
October 4-6, 2013, Lesley University, Boston MA
Panel: We create the “other” to live with ourselves: On interpersonal mentalization
- Elizabeth Allured: Mentalizing the Other through Accessing the Self: Working Through an Impasse in an Elementary School Team
- Lisa Lempel-Sander: How We Make Meaning: Imagination, Transgression, and the Mind of the Other
- Amira Simha-Alpern: We Need Others to Create Ourselves and Ourselves to Create Others: On Facilitating Interpersonal Interpretive Functions
Elizabeth Allured & Amira Simha-Alpern
Their papers are published in the book:
Willock, B., Coleman Curtis, R., Bohm, L.C. (Eds.) (2014). Understanding and Coping with Failure: Psychoanalytic Perspective. Routledge
- Allured, E., “Blind Spot in the Analytic Lens: Our Failure to Address Environmental uncertainty.”
- Simha-Alpern, A. “Dora and the Bathwater: Shame and psychoanalytic failure; a relational perspective.”
Lewis Aron & Karen Starr (2013)
A Psychotherapy for the People: Toward a Progressive Psychoanalysis.
New York: Routledge
Lewis Aron & Amira Simha-Alpern (2012)
Their discussion of Michael Shoshani’s book was published in the February issue of: Psychoanalytic Dialogues: The International Journal of Relational Perspectives, 22:1
- Aron, L.: “Min(d)ing Michael Shoshani (Rosenbaum’s) Dare to be Human: Introduction” (pp. 7-8)
- Simha-Alpern, A.: “The Facilitating Aspects of Termination and Posttermination: Commentary on Michael Shoshani (Rosenbaum’s) Dare to be Human” (pp. 41-48)
Aron, L., & Harris, A. ( Eds.) (2011). Relational psychoanalysis, Volume 4: Expansion of Theory. New York: Routledge.
- Aron, L., & Harris, A. ( Eds. ) (2011). Relational psychoanalysis, Volume 5: Evolution of Process. New York: Routledge.
- Lewis, A. &, Henik, L. (Eds.), (2010). Answering a Question With a Question: Contemporary Psychoanalysis and Jewish Thought. Brighton, MA: Academic Studies Press.
- Bracken, J.P. & Berger, D. (2011). Interpersonal and Psychological Considerations in Law Firm Partnerships. The Suffolk Lawyer, Vol. 27 (8)
Two SIPP faculty members commented on Basescu's papers in the following chapters:
- Lewis Aron commented on: Behind the “Seens”: The Inner Experience of at Least One Psychoanalyst (1987).
- George Whitson co authored the comments on: “Tools of the Trade: The Use of the Self in Psychotherapy” (1990).
- Phillips B. S. & Kane, D. (2008). Healing together: A couple's guide to coping with trauma and post-traumatic stress. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications, Inc.
- Klein, R. & Phillips S. B. (2008) Public Mental Health Service Delivery Protocols: Group Interventions for Disaster Preparedness and Response. New York: American Group Psychotherapy Association.
- Phillips S. B. & Klein, R. ( 2012) “Group Interventions Following Trauma and Disaster.” In ( Ed.) Jeffrey Kleinberg, Handbook of Group Psychotherapy. New York, John Wiley & Sons.
- Phillips S. B. (2011) Up Close and Personal: A Consideration of the Role of Personal Therapy in the Development of a Psychotherapist. In R. Klein, H. Bernard, & V. Schermer ( Eds.) On Becoming a Psychotherapist: The Personal and Professional Journey. New York: Oxford Press.
- Guest on Fox 5 shows:
- Monthly guest on the Online Radio show: Real Women on Health with Kelley Connors:
- Guest on Michele Rosenthal's Seaview radio show YOUR LIFE AFTER TRAUMA
- Blog: http://blogs.psychcentral.com/healing-together
Amira Simha-Alpern & Elizabeth Allured
Their papers were published in:
- Willock, B., Bohm, L. C. & Curtis, R. C. (Eds.) (2012). Loneliness and longing: Conscious and unconscious aspects. New York: Routledge.
- Simha-Alpern, A.: “I hate to choose…you choose”: On inhibition of longing and desire.” (pp.71-80)
- Allured, E.: “Lonely for the Other Mother: Nature and the Relational Fourth.” (pp. 253-266)